My absolute favorite dessert is pound cake. I not only love to eat it, it was the only cake I knew how to make. But since I became Vegan, I have not baked nor eaten any pound cake. So I can’t begin to tell you how excited I am to include Chef Donna’s Vegan Pound Cake. Keep scrolling to find recipe details and more about Chef Donna.
3 cups unbleached flour (may mix unbleached and whole wheat pastry)
2 cups evaporated cane juice crystals or turbinado sugar
4 teaspoons aluminum/baking soda free Baking Powder, heaping
1 teaspoon salt
1 1⁄2 cups your favorite soymilk, plain or vanilla
1⁄2 package silken tofu, firm (blended till smooth)
2 tablespoons your favorite vanilla flavoring, alcohol-free
1 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice-reserved
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a blender, blend liquid ingredients, flavoring and tofu together.
- Slowly pour liquid mixture into dry mixture and gently blend together with a spoon or spatula. Be careful not to over-mix. Batter will initially be coarse.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the batter and mix briefly. Batter will become smoother from lemon juice. Pour batter into the prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 to 45 minutes before applying frosting or glaze. Serves 20-24